ElexShow is organised by Hamerville Media Group who is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about the people who visit our website and visit our show, how we use it, when we might share it with others and how we keep it secure. By visiting our website and show, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and any subsequent data protection legislation, together known as “the data protection legislation”, the Data Controller is: Hamerville Media Group, Regal House, Regal Way, Watford WD24 4YF. If you require any further information about this Policy, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal information that we collect about you
- How we use your personal information
- Information we receive from other sources
- How long we keep your personal information
- Reasons we share your personal information
- Where we store your personal data
- Your rights
- Access to information
- How to delete cookies
Personal information that we might collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by registering to attend a show or registering your interest in receiving information from us. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number, and your company’s name and address.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways on the basis of your consent or under the basis of legitimate interests.
Information you give to us through this website. We will use this information:
- to provide you access to the show
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
Information processed at the show:
When you register to attend you are asked for a limited amount of personal information as part of the registration process. Specific consent is also sought at this stage if you want to receive further information from exhibitors. It requires a positive opt-in which is not a pre-condition and separate from other parts of the registration process.
Visitor data is also processed at the shows when exhibitors scan the badges of visitors to access their personal data, as disclosed when registering. If you do not wish to share your information with exhibitors you do not have to let them scan your badge.
By attending the event you are authorizing the organiser to use and share any pictures taken of you at the event.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to contact you. Should you wish to stop receiving our communications at any time, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Reasons we share your personal information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, and stored in a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and can unsubscribe at any time. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You also have a right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate information about you, erase personal data or restrict the processing of your data.
If you do not wish us to process your data, you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by post (Hamerville Media Group, Regal House, Regal Way, Watford WD24 4YF)
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. You can exercise this right by contacting us (email – firstname.lastname@example.org and by post: Hamerville Media Group, Regal House, Regal Way, Watford WD24 4YF)
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see the pages they view. This helps us to improve how our website works and to ensure that users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’ve logged in and any preferences you’ve set so that we can tailor our website to you.
Cookies may also be placed on your device by third parties providing a service for Hamerville Media Group.
The length of time that a cookie stays on your device depends on whether it is a persistent or a session cookie. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until they expire or are deleted, whilst session cookies only stay on your device whilst you are browsing.
How to delete cookies
If you consent to having cookies placed on your device, but later change your mind, you can delete them by activating the setting on your browser that enables you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, by doing this, you may not be able to access all or part of our site.
©Hamerville Media Group